Saturday, September 4, 2010

One Liner of the Week Award: Shannon Lacy


Smart-assery, as I believe I have mentioned before, is an inherited trait in the Lacy family. Like storytelling and makin' shine, it is an ancient family tradition.

My little sisters are currently visiting me from Atlanta. Last night, we were chilling in their hotel room in Times Square, watching a random crime show, and I kicked off my flip-flops and stretched out on the bed.

The room went eerily silent.

My sisters then started laughing and asking me why my feet were so messed up and ashy.

Jasmine said, "Ewwww, you look like you been walking around in high heels."

Shannon said, "High heels hell, it looks like you been walking around in concrete bricks."

If she wasn't in the military, I woulda whooped her tail last night.

And that, ladies and gentlenerds is the One Liner of the Week Award.

4 comments:

  1. I can't find the LIKE button. - betty t.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL excellent, I'll steal that sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooooh chile. Vasoline!!! Need I say more. James A. Means

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, feelings, and insights. And thank you for reading!